Hello, dear family. We're so excited about seeing all of you next weekend. It's been much too long. I'm attaching some pix so you can see the little lives that have come into being since we saw some of you! I'm so looking forward to meeting the other new family members, too.
I don't know if the grapevine has passed this along yet, but my father is very ill in hospital right now with an acute attack of his myaesthenia gravis. His condition, we're told, is "recoverable" but very serious. We're hopeful that he will improve enough this week that I'll feel safe enough to leave this weekend, but I've been sharing round-the-clock visits with my stepmother and Pelee feels too far away and inaccessible if his situation is still very bad. So I just want to alert you to the possibility that we may have to come later than anticipated. But it is a beacon and I'm very much looking forward to it!
For those on Facebook, here is a link to Lucas's video entry for the talent show... his original song, "Why do you have a monkey on your head?" It's a riot! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3241625513
2 comments:
Hi Katie
I'm very sorry to hear that your dad is so ill. I selfishly hope that you can come, even on time, but understand entirely if you cannot. If you think that you'll be quite late, let us know and we will reschedule. We will phone tonight and talk to Bri about packing.
Much love,
Roin
Oh Katie, I am so sorry to hear about Gus. Hopefully rest and medication will get him feeling better. We all understand that you may need to be with him, and please tell him we are hoping for a full and rapid recovery,
Always
Ann
Post a Comment